Sunday, October 23, 2005

Crazy Product


Yesterday, in an attempt to go for a hike, I bought some water to drink at the local supermarket. It was unusually cheap at 58yen. Not bothering to read the label closely I picked it up, duly paid for it, then headed back to the car.

Once in the car, I opened the bottle and took a sip. The flavour was strange considering it was water and after I took another swig only to be met with the same weird aftertaste, I looked at the label. It read "DIET WATER" 0 calories. When in the hell did water ever have more than 0 calories?? Have mountain streams suddenly begun containing sugar or fats? Are they adding calories at the purifying plants? I have no idea but now, in Japan, they have diet water.

There may be some "valid" reason behind it but I think this has to be the most useless product ever made. And also clearly nothing more than a ploy to sell to girls who want to be thinner and avoid all the weight they can gain by drinking normal, fat-filled water. I myself, am always fearful that I'll no longer fit into my jeans whenever I take a drink of the clear stuff. So really, no matter how dehydrated or thirsty you are, be careful. You could be adding inches to your waistline.

'Till I update again. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would assume it has some kind of fat-burning product in it...but that's still stupid. Pure water does more for your body as a whole than any of that fat-loss crap will, but you know, drinking water just for the sake of drinking water is seen as really weird here (I've gotten quite a few comments and curious stares at my Nalgene bottle). I don't know...it doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. :P