Monday, January 08, 2007

Post New Year's rut

Well, I consider it a rut anyways. Most of us spend at least 2 months anticipating the Christmas holidays which means we're fantasizing about what we'll do with the time off at the beginning of November (or possibly at the end of October). We eat and unwrap our way through Christmas and then can look forward to ringing in the New Year (often with paper hats and a great deal of booze). Once that's all over what do we do? What is the next holiday to look forward to?

I really enjoy Christmas, I love that particular holiday. It's my favourite of all the holidays that come marching round like clockwork every year. New Year's is kind of a low-end bonus. Yay new year! And then pffft. I think the hardest work day if that first day back after the Christmas break.

As a teacher I have a lovely 2 weeks off. Actually, with my particular school I have 3 weeks off. (I hope no one's out there rolling their eyes about how teachers always have holidays. Come spend one day in my shoes!) I'm currently worrying that I'll be the size of my couch by the time school begins again as I can't seem to stop eating. Especially junk food. Chips and Betty Crocker cake are my current best friends.

In any case I am and I'm not looking forward to going back to work. This inactivity will get old really fast I'm sure and I need to use my brain again. I know that first day is going to be a doozy. Cheers all I hope you're enjoying 2007 so far.

No comments: